Creative Intell, Inc. (“CI
,” or “us
, and our CI Academy Terms of Service
1. OUR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information you provide to us in a variety of ways. For example, you may provide us your personal information when you register an account to use our Service, make an online purchase, post a review, send us messages, subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, participate in a survey, contest or sweepstakes, redeem a promotion, or use some other feature of our Service. Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our Service and sometimes, we collect the personal information directly from you. At times, we may collect personal information about you from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the services, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages. We may also send you service-related emails or messages (e.g., user account verification, change or updates to features of the services, technical and security notices) and communications from or about CI.
a. Information You Provide: We collect the following information you provide in connection with our Service:
- Contact, Application and Account Information. We collect personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number, address, password, date of birth, profile photo, school information, employment information, and any information you provide when you enroll or register for our Service; sign up for our mailing list; complete your user profile; join a team project or workspace on our Service, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. We use this information to create, verify, and personalize your account, to fulfill your request or transaction, to communicate with you directly, to process your application and enrollment, and to send you marketing communications in accordance with your preferences.
- Payment and Transaction Information. We collect information such as date and time of your transaction, amount purchased, order details, whether you used a particular coupon or deal, and payment information, such as a credit/debit card, when you make a payment on our Service. We use a third-party payment processor to process your payment transactions on the Service.
- Content and Information You May Post or Submit on the Service. We collect information about how you use the Service, your actions on the Service, and content you post to the Service, including your projects, submissions, actions you make take on the Service, and interactions with others on the Service, including any photos and videos you post to the Service or send through other functionalities (“User Content”). To share photos and video, we will access your device camera roll and camera with your permission. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the “Settings” app of your device. Please remember that we may, but have no obligation to, monitor, record, and store User Content in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. You consent to the recording, storage, and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
- Comments, Chat and Opinions. When you contact us directly (e.g., by email, phone, mail or by completing an online form or participating in online chat), we may record your comments and opinions. We may also record comments and opinions you express when responding to surveys, entering a sweepstakes or taking part in a promotion. We use this information to respond to your question or comment, to evaluate and improve our products and services and to inform our marketing and advertising activities.
b. Information Automatically Collected When You Use Our Service: Like most digital platforms, we collect certain personal information automatically when you visit and use our Service, including:
- Information We Receive from Third-Party Sites You Connect to Our Service. We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, we may obtain information when you log in through a third-party social network or authentication service, such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Google. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. The data we receive from these third-party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third-party site. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
c. Information from Other Sources and Third Parties. We also obtain personal information from other sources, which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you. We receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
2. OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. To fulfill your requests and provide the Service to you
. For example, we may use your information to complete your transactions or other online request, process your subscriptions, enrollments, and respond to your customer service requests or feedback. We may also use your information to personalize your experience with us.
b. For marketing purposes
. We may send you communications about new features, updates, products and special offers. We may also use your information to serve you ads about products and special offers about our products or other products or services we think you might find interesting. We may also use individual and aggregate information about you to inform our marketing and advertising campaigns. For more information on your choices about marketing communications, see “Your Choices and Control Over Your Information” below and our Cookie Notice
c. To communicate with you
. For example, we may communicate with you about your account activities, such as by providing you transaction confirmations and alerts. If you register with us, we may enroll you in our email newsletter or other periodic electronic communications and also send you promotional communications. We may communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone or other means. For more information on how to adjust your communications preferences, see “Your Choices and Control Over Your Information” below.
d. To monitor, improve and develop our products and services
. We may use your information to understand our visitors and users and tailor our product offerings accordingly. From time to time, we analyze statistics and trends to make our Service better and to develop new services or features.
e. To protect the security and integrity of our business, comply with legal requirements and obligations, or as otherwise permitted by law
. We may use information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, and our websites. We may also use information in order to comply with laws, regulations, court orders, or other legal obligations or to assist in an investigation to protect and defend our rights and property, or the rights or safety of third parties, to enforce our Terms of Service
here. 3. OUR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Our Service allows you to connect and interact with others. Please note that your profile information, including your name, email, location (city, state), school, social media links in your profile, User Content (including assignments and submissions), and other personal information, will be visible to other users of the Service by default when you create a profile, interact with others on the Service, join a team or project workspace, and post information or User Content to public spaces. Without limiting the foregoing, we may share your personal information in the instances described below.
a. The Public and Other CI Users
. As noted above, your profile information and User Content you post to public areas of the Service, including public groups, will be visible by other users on the Service and the public. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be public. You may be able to control the visibility of some of your information and actions in your Settings (see “Control Over Your Information” below).
b.Users with Whom You Communicate on the Service
. We share your information and User Content with third parties with whom you communicate on the Service, for example through comments and direct messaging. You control who you want to communicate with and what information you share. Sharing information with others on the Service is done at your own risk.
c.Colleges, Schools and Universities
. We may share limited information with colleges, schools and universities that you indicate you attend, so that they can provide you with information and marketing messages about products or services that may interest you. These parties may use your information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
. We may share limited information with third parties with whom we partner to provide contests and sweepstakes, or other joint promotional activities. These partners will usually be clearly identified in the contest rules or promotional materials.
e.Within Creative Intell, Inc.
f.Online Advertising Partners
. We also may share personal information with advertising networks or permit these partners to collect information from you directly on our websites to facilitate online advertising, such as search engines and social network advertising providers to serve targeted ads to you or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics, on third-party platforms. To learn more, please view our Cookie Notice
g.The Public When You Provide Feedback
. When you provide feedback or post User Content on our Service (e.g., if you post a product review on our website or comment on our social media sites), your information (e.g., your first name and comments) may be displayed on our websites or on our social media pages. When you engage with us on social media, we may tag your social media account or the social media account of others (e.g., to give photo credit to another user).
h.Third Parties at Your Request
. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on the Service with your friends through email, text, or on various social media sites.
. We share personal information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform functions or services on our behalf and under our instructions to make our services available to you. For example, this may include vendors and providers who engage in marketing or advertising activities or provide mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, auditing and compliance, fraud prevention, analytics services, IT services, product fulfillment, and web hosting.
j.Business Transaction or Reorganization
. We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third-party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
k.Legal Obligations and Rights
. We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to protect the rights and property of Yellowbrick, our agents, customers, and others, including to enforce our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
- as otherwise required by applicable law.
l.With Your Consent or At Your Direction.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual. 4. YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
a. Profile and data sharing settings.
You may update your profile information, such as your user name and profile photo, and may change some of your data sharing preferences on your profile page (if and when such settings features become available on our Service) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
b. How to control your communications preferences.
You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
c. Modifying or deleting your information.
If you have any questions about modifying your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our Service or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify your information in all circumstances.
d. Online advertising and tracking technologies.
Please see our Cookie Notice
to learn more about how we work with third-party partners to collect data through tracking technologies for various purposes, including analytics and advertising, and to understand your choices.
5. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Service is not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our Service or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
7. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com
8. HOW TO CONTACT US